Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Something In The Air....( no not volcano dust)!

After going through a couple of sad years on the relationship front, I am now pleased to announce I have a new man in my life who has put the smile firmly back on my face!
He has made me realise I can be the old me again and enjoy life to the full and be truly happy. So a big thank you to him. The bonus being, he too is a boater, as well as being funny, kind, caring and an absolute nutter!! Just like me! Thank you Goofy x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A big hello to another loved up couple, Les and Jaqueline! who are enjoying their time together on Nb Valerie, what a lovely, lovely story they have both shared with us all, there must be something in the air...I have never met Les and Jaqueline, but through their blogs feel like I do know them, and really wish them all the best for their future together.

The weather as you all know has been rubbish recently, good excuse for my failure to start Tickety Boo's paint job. I am too busy enjoying myself, can't blame a girl can you? I have gone from being a bit lonely and stuck in a bit of a rut, to going out and having fun again, thanks to the new Mr! He motivates me to do things, just what I need, a good kick up the back side! So this weekend we are having a boat free break, then hopefully, miraculously, the weather will change into perfect sanding and painting conditions so I can make a start! Hoping to sail through to Liverpool again later in the year, I am really looking forward to that. It will be nice to stay longer this time. We are hoping to visit my friends in Spain too, a long over due visit, so busy busy 2011! Life is good!

11 comments:

Jo (Coalwoman) said...

Congratulations on finding your soul mate. I know how you feel, because I felt the same way when I met Keith. Happy days.

I hope you get the chance to meet Les, he is lovely and I am so pleased for him.
We all deserve to be happy in our lives, after all this is no rehearsal. xx

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Thank you Jo, I agree this isn't a rehearsal and I intend from now on to enjoy every day and all it brings! Yes I would love to meet Les and Jaqueline, hopefully they will pass through this way sometime in the future. I would also love to meet you and Keith and all the other bloggers I have been in touch with. Wouldn't it be great if one day we all decided to meet up in a place we all decided on! You never know.... Debbie x

Del and Al said...

That's great news Debbie, really pleased for you :-) Have fun x

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Thank you Del and Al, great to hear from you, hope you are both well.

Debbie x

Jaqueline Almdale said...

I am thrilled down to my cotton socks for you Debbie. And yes we will meet somewhere on the cut when Les and I return. A shout out to Jo and Keith too--looking forward to meeting you as well.
Chhers!
Jaqueline

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Thank you Jaqueline, I look forward to the day we do meet on the cut! Hi to Les too. You must be so excited about the big day, can't wait to hear all about it! Take care, Debbie x

Heth said...

Go for it girl, good on ya & good luck for the future you deserve it.

PS: Just catchin up on blogs, sorry this is a bit late :-)

H

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Thanks Heth x

matthew said...

thanks for your kind words I have been following your blog since my fathers acciddent(BUGGERLUGS) its a good read thanks again Matt

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Thank you Matt for taking the time to leave a comment, much appreciated as I know how busy you must be. Your Dad must be very proud of you, and justly so, the way you have let us lot know how things are going, I won't be alone in being relieved that your Dad is doing well, take care Matt and thanks again for your kind comment.

By the way, you should have a blog of your own, your writing is very good!

Debbie.

Paul said...

Hi Debbie, glad to see you are happy and getting on. Just a quick update of where I am now, I commented on your blog as anonymous a while ago when Christine emailed you, ive now setup my own blog, its early days yet, but its the start of things to come.

Regards
Paul