Saturday, January 22, 2011

An Ooops moment!

Sitting in work on the checkout, I happened to look up and glance out the window, and spotted a dreaded Traffic Warden! As I was looking at him I shouted to my fellow cashier behind me, " hope you haven't got your car on the yellow's at the back of the shop"? Only to turn back and look straight into the eyes of the biggest female Warden I had ever seen! Well you know when your watching a cartoon and the character lets out a loud gulp!

To my total and utter surprise, she smiled at me. Was this the smile of a laughing assassin or was she actually human after all? As it turned out she was actually nice, unheard of I know, but the law of averages dictates that there must be nice ones amongst the mini Hitler's who stomp around our back streets ruining our quick dash to the shops or Bank!

We did actually end up having a good old giggle, she told me that she had a slip on the ice that morning and went flat on her back, ( yay there is a God), only for a little old lady to help her up, now obviously this little old lady didn't know about traffic wardens, they weren't about in her day were they? How many other people would help a traffic warden in distress, I can bet my bottom dollar most would have stepped over her with a wry smirk on their faces, even she agreed about that one.

Anyway the moral to this story.....don't judge a person by their uniform, oh and before you spout your warning that there is a traffic warden in the vicinity look around to make sure their partner in crime isn't standing over you!!

If by chance you are reading this Miss Traffic Warden, I think you do a wonderful job, mmmm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well it's Saturday morning, my first day off in ages. I have a list as long as my arm of jobs to do, and what am I doing? Sitting in front of a lovely fire with a hot cuppa, catching up on my fellow bloggers post's....bliss. I will make a start soon, honest!

3 comments:

Jaqueline Biggs said...

Hi Deb,
Great post! I love your description of sitting in front of the fire with a hot cuppa checking out blogs. Happy sigh!

It brings to mind the description of blogging by John on NB Pippin who said, "If Facebook is a letter home, then a blog is a message in a bottle; you cast it adrift in the datastream and know not where it will be picked up, or by whom."

The wonderful picture on your blog header calls out to me. All that pristine snow makes me long to scoop up a big bowl and make snow ice cream--another good thing to have in front of the fire while blog hopping as Heth calls it.
Cheers!
Jaqueline

Debbie said...

Hi Jaqueline, great to here from you! Yes it is a guilty pleasure of mine, getting up on a Sunday, lighting the fire and relaxing doing exactly as I please! I skype a good friend of mine in Spain too, and we have a good old natter.

I actually did have to scrape snow up one year, not to make ice cream though, it was to boil to wash dishes. All the stand pipes had frozen solid so I was wanting to keep the precious water in my tank for drinking shower's etc! Oh the joys of boating!!

Les Biggs said...

It`s what boaters do best, fire, drink, relaxing so don`t feel guilty.