Saturday, April 11, 2009

Oh Dear!

Its been a great day today, sun shining an ideal day to just potter. John kindly went to the shops for supplies while I tidied, changed the bed and put a wash on. Too good a day to not hang some washing out. Quite a lazy day really, John and I just sat on the back deck watching the world go by. We had a good giggle watching. Three lads in canoes with make shift oars, namely planks of wood. For the first five minutes they just went around in circles until they got the hang of it. John and I were having bets to see which of the three would fall in first! Amazingly they all managed to stay upright. We took Bobby for an afternoon walk along the towpath and then back to the boat for a nice cuppa. Later on, Mark a friend of ours on the mooring, came back from a trip to his Mums, he wasn't happy at all. The car park where we all park our cars is next to a residential property and the silly sausage who lives there decided to spray his fence with wood stain. Nothing wrong with that I hear you say, perfect weather for spraying a wooden fence, not such a perfect day for spraying half the cars in the car park! Hence Mark not being a happy chappy as his white van was covered in dark brown freckles. It took him hours to find something that would remove the woodstain off his paint work. Eventually he found the only thing that would get it off was Acetone. That seemed to do the trick, I can't see the owners of the new silver Mercedes wanting to use Acetone on their car somehow! Most of the cars are owned by boaters who are away for the Easter Holiday. I wouldn't like to be in the silly sausages shoes when they all get back! Oh Dear.............

2 comments:

bruce-the-boat said...

Like to see others who like a watery way of life. Please be patient as I have no idea how to become a follower of yourself. These computers are new to me, know more about the inside of a diesel. If you can advise me how to do this great!

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Hi bruce the boat, great to hear from you, I too am totally stumped when it comes to this computer business its all new to me too! [ Sorry! ] I think if you go onto my blog you will see a little box with follow in it, just click on that and You will become a follower of my blog. Hey give it a go see what happens! Take care. Debbie. Nb Tickety Boo.