Monday, May 11, 2009

Back to the grind

Went back to work today after having three weeks off, to look after John. I was'nt looking forward to it at all! I work in a Discount store a couple of days a week. Its not the best job in the world but it helps pay the bills. Its one of those jobs you can leave at the end of the day and not give it another thought. Just the type of job I wanted, as previously I was a Care worker, great job but I found it hard to switch off at the end of the day. It drove me nuts, so I left.


On a Monday the first half of the day I stock the shelves, then in the afternoon I go on the till. Its a freindly shop with plenty of banter and laughing.


The afternoon was pretty uneventfull until a lady came through my till with her Grandaughter. The little girl was cute as a button, and she had picked up a childs Winnie The Pooh brolly. Her Gran asked me to tell her she couldn't have it. What do you say to a little four year old who desperately wants her Pooh brolly? I felt awfull and just told her as nicely as I could that we couldn't sell Pooh Brollys if it wasn't raining, ( Ah come on give me a break! ) this gorgeous little girl looked at me as if I was the wicked witch of the north, I was waiting for the rest of the queue to start hissing and booing me! Anyway she trotted off out of the shop with her gran, and just as they walked out they both turned to look at me and the Gran said to her, "She was a naughty Lady wasn't she?" Thanks a bunch Mrs! All in a days work!


One of my favourite wind ups is asking men if they need instructions when they buy a mop! I am going to end up wearing said mop one of these days! Goodnight.

No comments: