Friday, June 05, 2009

Scary Photo!

I have just had to renew my driving license photograph. The ten year life span of my old photo was up. Off I trotted to my nearest Photo shop, where I had to sit in the middle of the shop to have a passport style photo taken.

How do the people who work in these shops keep a straight face? The very nice lady who took my photo had to redo it, because on the first one she took I was showing my teeth! How very naughty of me. The second one she said was fine.

I stuck the photo in the envelope with the form, posted it, and forgot all about it, until today. My new license arrived complete with new photo. I wasn't showing my teeth but was doing an excellent impression of a Bulldog chewing a wasp.

So now I am stuck with this terrible photo for ten years, heaven forbid I ever have to show it to anybody.

Why can't you smile on these photos, is it just to give the workers in the License/ Passport office a laugh, looking at all the glum faces. Personally I would find it quite depressing having to look at long faces all day!

Well I am stuck with my new license because I am not forking out another £26.00. That's how much it was with the photos.

When John saw the photo he gave me a new nick name, " old scare the kids". He says the nicest things.......

No comments: